The midnight-to-midnight event showcases our local nonprofits and makes giving easy. Whether you’re a first-time donor or a longtime supporter, all it takes is a couple of clicks on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Give Day Tampa Bay also draws attention to the pressing needs of our community and offers resources and training that nonprofits can use year-round to promote their work and engage their supporters.
Nonprofit organizations of all shapes and sizes will be participating in Give Day Tampa Bay on May 5th, 2015. To be successful, organizations will need to leverage the connections of their donors, employees, volunteers, and board members. If you serve on a nonprofit board and aren’t sure how to get involved, we’ve got 10 ideas to get you started.
- Mark your calendar and make a gift to your organization online on May 5, Give Day Tampa Bay. You can get started early by making a pledge right now. You’ll get a reminder to make your gift on May 5.
- After you make your gift, be sure to celebrate it on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Look for ways to get your company involved in Give Day Tampa Bay like hosting a Give Day lunch for employees or offering to make a corporate matching gift.
- Make sure your board service is listed on your LinkedIn profile. This one is true for everyday.
- Go to your organization’s Facebook page and “like” it, then “share” it. Then do the same on LinkedIn.
- Use your Twitter account to acknowledge the good work of your organization (don’t forget to include #GiveDayTampaBay.) Ask your organization if they have a photo you can share, too.
- Ask your organization’s staff how you can help them get ready. Maybe they need help with the technology, web design, or other parts of their Give Day Tampa Bay efforts.
- Fund a matching gift challenge to your friends, family, or employees for gifts made to your organization on Give Day.
- Organize an event like a lunch or happy hour for your friends and family on Give Day Tampa Bay. Give Day runs from midnight to midnight, so there are plenty of opportunities to be creative.
- Collect and share photos and stories of the impact your organization is making on your community.
Want to know more? Visit https://givedaytampabay.org.
Originally posted on the Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay blog.